lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pasha Bizhan" <fc...@ok.ru>
Subject RE: dotLucene (port of Jakarta Lucene to C#)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:13:27 GMT
Hi,

> From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
>
> I agree with Scott that Lucene is disk bound and I don't
> expect any drastic performance different between Java/C# Lucene.

In our tests Lucene.Net was faster than jakarta lucene. A little :)
And results for your DotLucene will be the similar. I hope.

But it was our tests for our data and hardware configurations and by this
reason
we aren't publishing tests result anywhere.

I think that speed difference between lucene and Net port doesn't matter.

> I am currently working on porting 1.4.3 to C# which I expect
> to have it completed by next week.  Once I have it done, I
> will do full performance comparison.

> Speaking of which, does Lucene has a standard performance
> test code that I can use as well as data and guidelines?  I
> am looking for something similar to JUnit but for performance
> analyses.

We use standard samples for the same hardware and data as comparison tests.
IndexFiles and SearchFiles.

Pasha Bizhan
http://lucenedotnet.com