lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Sorting based on calculations at search time
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:21:07 GMT
: I believe you are talking about the boost factor for fields or documents
: while searching. That does not apply in my case - maybe I am missing a
: point here.
: The weight field I was talking about is only for the calculation

Otis is suggesting that you set the boost of the document to be your
weight value.  That way Lucene will automaticly do your multiplucation
calculation when determining the score

The down side of this, is that i don't think there's anyway to keep
it from influencing the score on every search, so it's not something you
could use only on some queries.

-Hoss