lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ben Litchfield <...@csh.rit.edu>
Subject Re: PDF Indexing Error
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:46:01 GMT

I don't think that is a good solution, as there are many bug fixes and
enhancements in the current version and you would never be able to
upgrade.

The message that you are seeing "You do not have permission to extract
text" is not a bug but intended functionality of PDFBox.  PDFBox honors
the security settings in a PDF, if you don't have permission to extract
the text then PDFBox won't allow you to do it, just as Acrobat will not
allow you to do it.

PDFBox supports *modification* of PDF documents as well as text
extraction.

Ben