lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: Indexing with Lucene 1.4.3
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:27:44 GMT

Hi there

Apologies.........

       If u are using the IndexHTML from the demo.jar package which is
abvaliable from Lucene1.4.3.zip

 Then u bettter look at the File Extensions of u'r file's,they may be
filtered out of the indexing process

 due to this code present in IndexHTML.java

 > } else if (file.getPath().endsWith(".html") || // index .html files
 >	       file.getPath().endsWith(".htm") || // index .htm files
 >	       file.getPath().endsWith(".txt")) { // index .txt files

It the Extensions u have is within the 'endsWith' options then u have
sucessfully indexed the 6000 Documents of u's

Try to use the Luke Monitering S/f avaliable from the Jakartha Lucene Web
site and check for the same

[Hint Try to use the SearchFiles.class from the Lucene1.4.3.zip to search
onthe documents u have indexed sucessfuly]

with regards
Karthik