lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject SEARCH +HITS+LIMIT
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:59:32 GMT
Hi Guy's

Apologies...............

One question for the form [ Especially Erik]

1) I have a MERGED Index with  100,000  File Indexed into it  ( Content  is
one of the Fields of Type 'Text' )

2) On search for a simple words  "Camera"  returns me  6000 hits.

3) Since the Search process is  via  WebApps , a simple JSP is used to
display the Content.

Question

How to Display the Contents for the Hits in  Incremental order ?

[ Each Time a re hit to the Mergerindex with Incremental X value ].
This would solve the problem of Out of Memory by prefetching all the hit in
one strait go process.

Ex:

Total hits 6000

1st page  -  hit's returned (1   to   25)
2nd page -  hit's returned (26  to  50)
.
.
.
.

    N th page  hit's returned ( 5975 - 6000 )

Hint : - This is similar to a SQL query   SELECT * FROM LUCENE  LIMIT 10, 5

      WITH WARM REGARDS
      HAVE A NICE DAY
      [ N.S.KARTHIK]