lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <>
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:16:37 GMT
Hi Erik

 In this Mailed

 I have already told u that  doc.get(" "); was coming in batches for a mear
hit of  '>4000' , and this is happening in real

 time [ A simple search of 'handbags' returned 1,60,000 hits and time taken
was 440 secs ,in production Env  / May be our

 Coding is poor,But we are constantly improving the process ].

 { O/s Linux Gentoo , RAM 1GB, Lucene1.4.1,Appserver = Tomcat5, and
BlackDawn Java 1.4.2 with Args  -XX:+UseParallelGC for

 Garbage Collection  }

 To be One step in advance ,We also have an adjecent Fields 'Vendor
','Price' which we have to accordingly Compare

 Best/Poor/Least results . So We have to have to limit the hits
accordingly,since Lucene API does not provide any way to

 inject this limiting facility *prior* to getting the hits .

 [ Excuse me Nader Henein ,I am from a Lucene-Users Form  NOT in
Lucene-Developer's Form,

  So we expect a Least possible Help ]

With Warm Regards