lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: dotLucene (port of Jakarta Lucene to C#)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:47:36 GMT

On Dec 1, 2004, at 9:39 AM, George Aroush wrote:
> I am currently working on porting 1.4.3 to C# which I expect to have it
> completed by next week.  Once I have it done, I will do full
> performance
> comparison.

Is the port a completely manual process for you?  Could you describe
how you do the porting to us?

> Speaking of which, does Lucene has a standard performance test code
> that I
> can use as well as data and guidelines?  I am looking for something
> similar
> to JUnit but for performance analyses.

In Lucene in Action (we promise, the e-book and code are being released
soon - likely this week!!!), Mike Clark donated some performance tests
to us using JUnitPerf (he's the creator of it).  JUnitPerf is a great
way to do timed and load tests.  The Java version of Lucene could
certainly benefit from a suite of performance tests, at least to ensure
future changes do not adversely affect performance without a good
reason to do so.

JUnitPerf is almost trivial to use - just a decorator for JUnit tests.

One of these days all of the Lucene ports should come together and come
up with a compatibility test suite as well as some performance
benchmarks.

	Erik