lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rajavuori <Ste...@opin.com>
Subject RE: CFS file and file formats
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:41:55 GMT
Thanks. I am trying to repair a corrupted 'segments' file. I am attempting
to manually edit the file to add some missing segment names, but I need to
add the correct segment size for each. Can anyone tell me how to determine
the correct segment size (number of documents in the segment) by looking in
either a .CFS file, or in the appropriate file in a non-compound segment?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Messer [mailto:bernhard.messer@intrafind.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 4:13 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: CFS file?

Steve Rajavuori schrieb:

>Can someone tell me the purpose of the .CFS files? The Index File Formats
>page does not mention this type of file.

uuuh, you're right, it is not documented at fileformats.html.
Since Lucene 1.4, the individual index files are stored per default
within one single compound file which has the file extension .cvs . You
can switch that behaviour off by setting the public static member
IndexWriter.useCompoundFile to false.

Bernhard