lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject RE: Asking Questions in a Search
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:24:39 GMT
Verity acquired Native Minds -- Verity Response appears to be that
technology.  It is not search technology at all -- rather it is a
programmed question-answer script knowledge base.  IMO, there are much
better commercial solutions to this problem; e.g., see www.inquira.com,
which integrates automated natural language search (i.e., finding
specific answers to natural language questions from within a text
corpus) with question/answer scripting capabilities.

I believe Lucene would be an excellent foundation for a system like
this, but it would need to be extended with a natural language query
parser / search-query generator and, if desired, some form of scripting
knowledge base.  Somebody may have gone down this path, but I'm not
aware of it.

Chuck