lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject RE: HITCOLLECTOR+SCORE+DELIMMA
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:43:07 GMT
Hi Karthik,

I'm another user like you who has been watching this thread.  Could you
state clearly what it is you want to do and why?  Specifically:
  1.  Why do you want to do range restriction on scores?  Hits are
sorted in score order.  If you want to stop displaying results when
scores drop below a threshold, then stop your print loop over Hits when
the score drops below this value.
  2.  Are you sorting your results by something other than score, but
want to not print results below a certain score?  If so, just filter out
the results in your print loop.
  3.  If neither of the above, what is it you want to do?  There is
probably a way to do it that doesn't involve a range restriction on
scores.  The final score (i.e., the normalized score) is not computed
until the query is complete, so you're going to want to find a solution
that works on Hits.

Chuck
(P.S. could you do me a favor and delete the " Apologies..........."
that appears to be in your default email template?  It may be just me,
but I find it annoying.)

Hits