lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject RE: A simple Query Language
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:07:20 GMT
You could support only terms with no operators at all, which will work
in most search engines (except those that require combining operators).
Using just terms and phrases embedded in ""'s is pretty universal.
After that, you might want to add +/- required/prohibited restrictions,
which many engines support.  After that, I think you're getting pretty
specific.  Lucene supports all of these and many more.

Chuck