lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Correct query
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:51:22 GMT

On Dec 27, 2004, at 3:21 AM, Alex Kiselevski wrote:
> Hello,
> I indexed some document that included a word RPG/4.
> So, when I made a search - I builded a query
>
> Text:RPG but it didn't find a thing only Text:RPG/4 gave me the correct
> result.
> Tell me please what have I do to build a a dynamic (not hardcoded like
> in this example )query to get right results

What Analyzer did you use?   Are you using QueryParser and using the
same analyzer with it?  Please read the AnalysisParalysis page on the
wiki.  Also, running the AnalyzerDemo from Lucene in Action's source
code yields this, which should help illuminate the situation:

$ ant -emacs AnalyzerDemo
Buildfile: build.xml

AnalyzerDemo:

       Demonstrates analysis of sample text.

       Refer to the "Analysis" chapter for much more on this
       extremely crucial topic.

Press return to continue...

String to analyze: [This string will be analyzed.]
RPG/4
Running lia.analysis.AnalyzerDemo...
Analyzing "RPG/4"
   WhitespaceAnalyzer: