lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: LUCENE + 1.4.2
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:14:29 GMT

On Dec 6, 2004, at 5:48 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> This mean's that Issues w.r.t 1.4.2 and 1.4.1 are fixed in 1.4.3 as of
> presently,

See the CHANGES.txt file for details on what changes took place, but
yes some issues were fixed.

> 1) So u say  We can retrospectively move our under Developemental Code
> from
> to 1.4.3 from 1.4.1 safetly ?.

Yes, there should be no problems moving to 1.4.3.

> 2) Do we need to Reindex All Of Our Code done via 1.4.1  or continue
> with
> replacement of 1.4.3.jar alone ?.

Just replace the JAR.

> 3) Can we also Have some Announcement on the Form from time to time
> when
> ever the new and final Versions are released ?.

Yes, announcements should happen on the lucene-user list.  Discussions
related to the releases occur on lucene-dev.  We have dropped the ball
on the 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 releases by not following the official release
rules.  We committers are responsible for taking care of all of these
loose ends but failed to do so in these cases.  The 1.4.3 release has
stumbled a bit becoming official too, but it at least is mirrored and
available at the official download site - we still have some loose ends
to tidy up with that.

I, for one, certainly apologize for not taking care of these
administrative details.  There really are no excuses - though I've
certainly not had a shortage of Lucene related efforts consuming my
time in the past few months.

	Erik