lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Does Lucene support the XOR operator?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:14:26 GMT
On Dec 8, 2004, at 2:05 PM, jjkarm@utwire.net wrote:
> Does Lucene support the XOR operator?

XOR is not a built-in operation.  However in a few lines of code (a
custom subclass of BooleanQuery) I was able to implement it.  I built
this functionality under contract and I'm still working out the details
of how much of my work can be contributed back, most of which is custom
and isn't generalizable, but some like an XOR query is general purpose
enough.

However, I will give some hints - all the details of providing a custom
Similarity has been been mentioned in this list - thats the trick.

	Erik