lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Safarnejad, Ali (AFIS)" <Ali.Safarne...@fao.org>
Subject Aramorph Analyzer
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:22:32 GMT
I wanted to share some results from trying out Aramorph Arabic Analyzer with
Lucene.  I experimented with a set of 100 web documents in Windows-1256
encoding.  The indexing took just over 200 seconds, although I had to
increase the heap-size to 500Meg, or I would get OutOfMemory Exceptions
halfway thru the documents.  The 200 seconds includes time to make the url
connection and tidy the documents to extract the text out.

Has anyone done similar experiments with a larger set of Arabic documents?
I'm interested in hearing from anyone else who has used Aramorph with Lucene.

Thanks,
Ali