lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Palmer, Andrew MMI Woking" <andrew.pal...@vnuinc.co.uk>
Subject RE: When is the book released?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:18:15 GMT

I have just had a quick look at both the US and UK version of Amazon and
they both list the book as Lucene In Action.

I was curious as I work for the UK Bibliographic agency and it was on
our database and should have been on Amazon for a least a couple of
weeks.  The agency has known about the book since start of September.

It has a publication date of 31/12/2004.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: 07 December 2004 12:45
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: When is the book released?

On Dec 7, 2004, at 5:27 AM, Aad Nales wrote:
> Sorry if this is a misspost but I have been visiting Amazon daily the
> last few weeks and I still can't get the Lucene book there. How will I
> survive the holidays? :-)
>
> But seriously when can we expect the release?

Manning will have the electronic book version available *TODAY*
(hopefully).  It has been sent to the printers and this process takes a
few weeks.  I don't expect Amazon.com to be shipping them until January
though - the book industry really is slow moving.

Otis and I thank everyone for their patience and you can be sure that
no one wants the book in their hands more then he and I :)

	Erik