lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: HITCOLLECTOR+SCORE+DELIMMA
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:01:30 GMT

On Dec 14, 2004, at 5:42 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> What exactly do u mean by this
>

>> We've emphasized numerous times that calling hits.doc(i) is a resource
>> hit.  Don't do it for documents you aren't going to show.  To filter
>> by
>> score, use hits.score(i) first.
>
>  I am bit Confused u mean to say Replace
>
>    hits.doc(i)
>
>     by
>
>   hits.score(i)

Here is some pseudo-code:

	start = 0 or the starting index for the page you want to display
	finish = last hits index you want to display
	for i = start; i < finish ; i++
		if hits.score(i) within tolerance
			grab hits.doc(i)

I'm working hard to be helpful here.  I'm running out of answers for
you though.  You are ignoring my requests to actually post code.  If
you want further assistance shows us *exactly* what you're doing.

>   ( >7 ) x 1000 x  15000  documents , Get most of the Relevant His
> (Where
> ever Score is between 0.5 to 1.0 )
>
>   and then Sort the adjecent Fields 'Vendors' and 'Price' in ASC Order
>
>  In such a case We cannot use RangeQuery.... without priorly knowing
> what
> exactly the Consumer want's

See above.  I cannot help with this without actual code (succinct clear
code!).  Lucene can sort and filter if you leverage it appropriately.
Please grab a copy of Lucene in Action for lots of details on sorting
and filtering.

>  Is it not possible to have a Generalized Filter in further versions
> of API
> , to Inject some minor factors prior to
>  getting the Hits returned.

This already exists.  Please try it out.  There have been numerous
posts about this topic.  Lucene in Action covers it.  Our source code
download has examples.

	Erik