lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nestel, Frank IZ/HZA-IOL" <neste...@de.ina.com>
Subject RE: API suggestion
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:18:07 GMT
Hi Mark,

thank you, while I've seen the query.rewrite API, I failed to see
the application.

But for the analysis process (we are actually doing something new,
along the lines of the highlighter) we really need the tokens.
Approaching those via the FilteredTermEnum looks more direct than
first rewriting the query to a new query which isn't needed at this
point and then analyze those Query objects.

I don't see what is so wrong with having the getEnum()-API public?
This looks like a less expert API to me than rewrite()?!

Thank you again,
Frank