lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Snare <mikesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing terms only
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:36:30 GMT
Whether or not the text is stored in the index is a different concern
that how it is analyzed.  If you want the text to be indexed, and not
stored, then use the Field.Text(String, String) method or the
appropriate constructor when adding a field to the Document.  You'll
need to also store a reference to the actual file (URL, Path, etc) in
the document so it can be retrieved from the doc returned in the Hits
object.

Or did I completely misunderstand the question?

-Mike

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:23:24 +0100, DES <mail@2des.de> wrote:
> hi
>
> i need to index my text so that index contains only tokenized stemmed words without stopwords
etc. The text ist german, so I tried to use GermanAnalyzer, but it stores whole text, not
terms. Please give me a tip how to index terms only. Thanks!