lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Kiselevski" <ALEX...@Amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Queries difference
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:28:17 GMT

Thanks Morus
So if I understand right
If the seqond query is :
+city(London) +city(Amsterdam) +address(1_street)  +address(2_street)

Both queries have the same value ?
-----Original Message-----
From: Morus Walter [mailto:morus.walter@tanto.de]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 6:11 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Queries difference

Alex Kiselevski writes:

> Hello, I want to know is there a difference between queries:
>
> +city(+London Amsterdam) +address(1_street 2_street)
>
> And
>
> +city(+London) +city(Amsterdam) +address(1_street)  +address(2_street)

I guess you mean city:(... and so on.

The first query searches documents containing 'London' in city, scoring
results also containing Amsterdam higher, and containing 1_street or
2_street in address. The second query searches for documents containing
both London and Amsterdam in city and 1_street and 2_street in address.
Note the the + before London in the second query doesn't mean anything.

HTH
	Morus

Thank you.