lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Sorting in Lucene
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:37:12 GMT

On Dec 8, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Ramon Aseniero wrote:
> Yes I am indexing multiple keyword fields by the same name in a single
> document. Does that works with Lucene?

No - logically it doesn't make sense.  How would Lucene determine which
of those field values to sort by?

You need a single field value to sort by.  I think you should get an
error when sorting by a field with duplicate values though.

Again, it would be most helpful if you could provide code that
demonstrates what you're doing during indexing and searching
specifically related to the sorting issue.

	Erik