lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gurukeerthi Gurunathan" <gurukeer...@thirdpillar.com>
Subject RE: Sorting based on calculations at search time
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:42:41 GMT
Ah! It makes sense now... Thanks for the clarification Hoss. I think
it'll work in my case as I need to perform this calculation for every
search...

-Guru.

-----Original Message-----
From: hossman@hal.rescomp.berkeley.edu
[mailto:hossman@hal.rescomp.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Chris Hostetter
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 10:21 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: Sorting based on calculations at search time

: I believe you are talking about the boost factor for fields or
documents
: while searching. That does not apply in my case - maybe I am missing a
: point here.
: The weight field I was talking about is only for the calculation

Otis is suggesting that you set the boost of the document to be your
weight value.  That way Lucene will automaticly do your multiplucation
calculation when determining the score

The down side of this, is that i don't think there's anyway to keep it
from influencing the score on every search, so it's not something you
could use only on some queries.

-Hoss