lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi" <r...@htinc.com>
Subject RE: Index delete failing
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:52:58 GMT
Yep, It works if I exit the JVM and run file.delete() from a different
class without using Lucene.

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 4:48 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Index delete failing

This smells like a Windows issue.  It is possible that something in your
JVM is still holding onto the index directory (for example,
FSDirectory), and Winblows is not letting you remove the directory.  I
bet this will work if you exit the JVM and run java.io.file.delete()
without calling Lucene.  Sorry, my Windows + Lucene experience is
limited.

Otis