lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "M. Smit" <li...@Gangkast.com>
Subject Re: retrieve tokens
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:04:21 GMT
Otis,

Problem is though that I'm a little reluctant storing the data
Field.Text instead of Field.UnStored, because of the shear size of the
documents and the multitude I would like to index (say some 100paged *
2k documents).  But than again, it's size versus
go-back-in-the-db-and-do-your-thing. Can anyone comfort me on these
figures?

Furthermore, you are saying that the highlighter takes care of the
corresponding field/words for me and pull up a context snippet? Ouch,
why haven't I stumpled upon the sandbox....

thanks,