lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christiaan Fluit <christiaan.fl...@aduna.biz>
Subject Re: determination of matching hits
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:50:31 GMT
ok, I feel a bit stupid now ;) Turns out this issue has been discussed a
while ago on both mailing lists and I even participated in one of
them... shame on me.

The problem is indeed in how MFQP parses my query: the query A -B becomes:

(text:A -text:B) (title:A -title:B) (path:A -path:B) (summary:A
-summary:B) (agent:A -agent:B)

whereas I intuitively expexted it to be evaluated as "A in any field and
not B in any field". When I use a normal QueryParser and let it use a
single field only, everything works as expected.

Browsing the lists archives I see that there were some efforts from
different people in solving this issue, but I'm a bit confused about the
final outcome. Was this solved in the MFQP in 1.4.3? If not, what
alternative implementation of MFPQ can I currently use best?

Kind regards,

Chris