lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernhard Messer <bernhard.mes...@intrafind.de>
Subject Re: Indexing with Lucene 1.4.3
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:30:45 GMT

>That looks right to me, assuming you have done an optimize.  All of your
>index segments are merged into the one .cfs file (which is large,
>right?).  Try searching -- it should work.

Chuck is right, the index looks fine and will be searchable. Since lucene version 1.4, the
index is stored per default using the compound file format. The "index" files you are "missing"
are merged within one compound file which has the extension "cfs". You can disable the compound
file option using
IndexWriters setUseCompoundFile(false).

Bernhard