lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <...@bayt.net>
Subject Re: Opinions: Using Lucene as a thin database
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:46:27 GMT
How big do you expect it to get and how often do you expect to update
it, we've been using Lucene for about 1 M records (19 fields each) with
incremental updates every 10 minutes, the performance during updates
wasn't wonderful, so it took some seriously intense code to sort that
out, as you mentioned, it comes down to why you need the Thin DB for,
Lucene is a wonderful search engine, but if I were looking at a fast and
dirty relational DB, MySQL wins hands down, put them both together and
you've really got something.

My 2 cents

Nader Henein