lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "amigo@max3d.com" <am...@max3d.com>
Subject Empty/non-empty field indexing question
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:32:06 GMT
Here's probably a silly question, very newbish, but I had to ask.
Since I have mysql documents that contain over 30 fields each and most of them
are added to the index, is it a common practice to add fields to the index with
empty values, for that perticular record, or should the field be totally omitted.

What I mean is if let's say a Title field is empty on a specific record (in mysql)
should I still add that field into Lucene index with an empty value or just
skip it and only add the fields that contain non-empty values?

thanks

-pedja