lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: Thread safety
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:58:41 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>1. yes
>2. yes error, meaningful, it depends what you find meaningful :)
>3. searcher will still find the document, unless you close it and
>reopen it (searcher)

... What about LockException? I tried to index objects in a thread and
to use a IndexSearcher
to search objects, but I have had problems with this.
I tried to create a new  IndexSearcher object if  the index version  was
changed, but unfortunately
I got some Lock Exceptions and FileNotFound Exceptions.

 If the answer number 3. is correct, then why did I get these exceptions.

 Sergiu