lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: types of formats who support Lucene?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:29:55 GMT
Lucene itself indexes java.lang.String or java.io.Reader data.  It is
completely up to your application to parse the data out of whatever
source it is in and hand it to Lucene.  There are a number of
open-source libraries that make parsing XML, MS Word, Excel, HTML, and
other formats trivial.  If you search the e-mail list archives you'll
find pointers to tons of options.

	Erik