lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: GETVALUES +SEARCH
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:21:16 GMT

On Dec 01, 2004, at 20:06, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I also extensively use multiple fields of the same name.

Odd... on the other hand... perhaps this is "une affaire de gout"...

>  So does this rule out implementing the Map interface on Document?

Why? Nobody mentioned what value such a Map would hold... in the worst
case scenario it could hold a Collection... or perhaps its not worth
bothering with such esoterism and simply state that the DocumentMap
only supports one value per key... after all... the purpose of
providing standard interface such as List and Map is to simplify
things... not to make them more cumbersome...

PA.