lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <>
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:12:22 GMT

On Dec 01, 2004, at 18:05, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Having Hits implement List sounds nice, but it could not function by
> itself if the backing IndexSearcher/IndexReader is closed or is not
> accessible.  Wouldn't it be too tempting for naive users to consider
> passing this List around between tiers and forget about the reader?

Well... perhaps... in any case you have the same issue with Hits... on
the other hand "naive users" already iterate through the entire Hits
simply to get a Collection of values... so I think that on balance it
would be a change for the better :)

> Having Document implement Map sounds reasonable to me though.  Any
> reasons not to do this?

Not really, except perhaps that a Lucene Document could theoretically
have multiple identical keys... not something that anyone would want to
do though :o)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message