lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mahaveer jain <jainmahavee...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Search not working properly. Bug !!!!!!
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:43:47 GMT
try this

objQuery = QueryParser.parse("John", "name" , objAnalyzer);
or
objQuery = QueryParser.parse("Engineer", "designation", objAnalyzer);

I should work.

The second parameter is the column name you pass. So if you are search for "name", it will
look for only name column.

Hope this help you

Mahaveer

Mohamed Ebrahim Faisal <ebrahim_faisal123@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi all

I have written a simple program to test Indexing & Search. After indexing couple of documents,
I Searched for the same, but i didn't get Successfull matches. I don't know whether it is
a bug in Lucene or in the code. I have enclosed the code for your review.

But when i used Lucene for bigger applications ( index contains larger documents ), search
worked amazingly.

Following is the code which didn't work properly

import org.apache.lucene.index.Term;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Hits;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Query;
import org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery;

import org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher;

public class testLucene
{
private static final String[] strSTOP_WORDS =
{
"and",
"are",
"was",
"will",
"with" };
private void test() throws Exception
{
Analyzer objAnalyzer = new StandardAnalyzer();
IndexWriter index = new IndexWriter("index",objAnalyzer, true );
Searcher objIndexSearcher = new IndexSearcher("index");

Document d = new Document();

d.add( Field.Text("name","Ebrahim Faisal"));
d.add( Field.Text("address","New York"));
d.add( Field.Text("designation","Software Engineer"));
d.add( Field.Text("xyz","123 IndexWriter index"));

index.addDocument( d );

d = new Document();

d.add( Field.Text("name","John Smith"));
d.add( Field.Text("address","India"));
d.add( Field.Text("designation","Sr. Software Engineer"));
d.add( Field.Text("xyz","456 StandardAnalyzer true"));

index.addDocument( d );

index.optimize();
index.close();

Query objQuery = null;

objQuery = QueryParser.parse("Engineer", "name"
, objAnalyzer);

Hits objHits = objIndexSearcher.search(objQuery);

for (int nStart = 0; nStart < objHits.length(); nStart++)
{
d = objHits.doc(nStart);
System.out.println(" address "+d.get("address"));
}

}
{
new testLucene().test();