lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gururaja H <guru_h...@yahoo.com>
Subject Lucene index files from two different applications.
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:51:47 GMT
Hi !

Have two applications.  Both are supposed
to write Lucene index files and the WebApplication is supposed to read
these index files.

Here are the questions:
1.  Can two applications write index files, in the same directory, at the same time ?
2.  If two applications cannot write index files, in the same directory, at the same time.

     How should we resolve this ?  Would appriciate any solutions to this...
3.  My thought is to write the index files in two different directories and read both the
(as though it forms a single index, search results should consider the documents in both the
indexes) from the WebApplication.  How to go about implementing this, using Lucene API ?
Need inputs on which of the Lucene API's to use ?

                                              ----

Thanks,
Gururaja