lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Updating indexes incrementaly including replacnig old documents
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:13:41 GMT
Both options are good, and which one you choose depends on which one
you feel more comfortable with, I'd say.

The searcher won't see duplicates or missing documents until it is
reopened.  So use a separate IndexSearcher for searching, and
reinstantiate it only after you are completely done with either A or B.
 At that point everything should look normal - no missing or duplicate
Documents.

Otis