lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: GETVALUES +SEARCH
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:40:01 GMT

On Dec 1, 2004, at 7:37 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
>   We create a ArrayList Object and Load all the Hit Values into them
> and
> return
>   the same for Display purpose on a Servlet. On the servlet we track
> the
> server side created ArrayList
>   for Required number of dispalys.
>
>  [ At any time we have to have all the hit values loaded into the
> arryList
> ,cannot compromise for the same ]

Be forewarned - you are asking for trouble doing this if you have
enormous number of hits.  I highly recommend you reconsider your
approach.

Sure, separation of concerns/tiers is a nice ideal, but pragmatically
don't let blind adherence to "principles" get in the way of
performance/scalability.

>   We Obsorved that the doc.get("") was not continous for an hit of
> 4000 and
> was coming
>   in batches,

I'm not following what you mean.  Not continuous?  Batches?  Now is the
time for you to show some code of what you're doing.  Succinct, clear,
examples are best.

	Erik