lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Morus Walter <morus.wal...@tanto.de>
Subject Re: Queries difference
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:11:11 GMT
Alex Kiselevski writes:

> Hello, I want to know is there a difference between queries:
>
> +city(+London Amsterdam) +address(1_street 2_street)
>
> And
>
> +city(+London) +city(Amsterdam) +address(1_street)  +address(2_street)

I guess you mean city:(... and so on.

The first query searches documents containing 'London' in city, scoring
results also containing Amsterdam higher, and containing 1_street or 2_street
in address.
The second query searches for documents containing both London and Amsterdam
in city and 1_street and 2_street in address.
Note the the + before London in the second query doesn't mean anything.

HTH
	Morus