lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@hypermedia.com>
Subject Weird Behavior On Windows
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:26:18 GMT
Hello All;

Things have been running smoothly on Linux for sometime. We set up a version
of the site on a Win2K machine, this is when all the "fun" started.

A pdf would be added to the system. The indexer would run, find the new
file, index it and successfully complete the update of the index folder. No
IO error, no errors of any kind. Just like on the Linux box.

Now we would try to search for a term in the document. 0 results would be
returned? To make matters worse if I run a search on a term that shows up in
a bunch of documents on windows it only find 2 results, where in Linux it
would find 50 (same content).

Using "Luke" I was able to verify that the pdf in question is in the index.
Why can't the searcher find it?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Luke