lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rony Kahan" <r...@austin.rr.com>
Subject RE: Lucene appreciation
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:01:18 GMT

Thanks for feedback.

PA - Since rss readers usually visit at least once per day, we only show
jobs from past few days. This allows us to use a smaller, faster index for
traffic intensive rss searching.

Ben & Praveen - Thanks for the UI suggestions. Hope to have that %3A & %22
cleared up shortly. I saw in the Lucene sandbox a "Javascript Query
Constructor". Does anyone have any experience using this to make a google
like advanced search page? Regarding open source technology - we also use
Carrot: http://sourceforge.net/projects/carrot2/

Kind Regards,
Rony