lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran" <amo...@infosciences.com>
Subject RE: Retrieving all docs in the index
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:07:33 GMT
In this case you'll have to add another field with a fixed value to all the
documents and query on that field

Aviran
http://www.aviransplace.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi [mailto:ravi@htinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 14:04 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: Retrieving all docs in the index

I'm sorry I don't think I articulated my question well. We use a date filter
to sort the search results. This works fine when te user provides some
search criteria. But if he gives an empty search criteria, we need to return
all the documents in the index in the given date range sorted by date. So I
was looking for a query that returns me all documents in the index and then
I want to apply the date filter on it.