lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Giulio Cesare Solaroli <giulio.ces...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene external field storage contribution.
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 06:11:48 GMT
Hi Kevin

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 13:47:10 -0800, Kevin A. Burton
<burton@newsmonster.org> wrote:
> About 3 months ago I developed a external storage engine which ties into
> lucene.
>
> I'd like to discuss making a contribution so that this is integrated
> into a future version of Lucene.
>
> I'm going to paste my original PROPOSAL in this email.
>
> There wasn't a ton of feedback first time around but I figure squeaky
> wheel gets the grease...

You should probably better post this kind of message to the developer
list to get more feedback.

Anyway your suggestion makes a lot of sense.

I would like to suggest a further extensions: storing TermVectors on
their own separate segment(s).

The rationale for this feature is a carbon copy of your original post. :-]

Hope to see your patch in one of the next release.

Giulio Cesare Solaroli