lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin Swanhart <greenl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search speed
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:32:00 GMT
If you know all the phrases your are going to search for, you could
modify an analyzer to make those phrases into whole terms when you are
analyzing.

Other than that, you can test the speed of breaking the phrase query
up into term queries.  You would have to do an AND on all the words in
the phrase.  You would then need to
get the documents that match all the terms, then do a substring search
for your exact phrase.  Any documents that match you would then
return.

search: death && notice
for each hit
  if contents contains "death notice"