lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject deleting with an open writer.
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 04:36:55 GMT
part of my indexing process is determining if an older instance of the
current document bring indexed exists.. and if it does, delete it.

which required me to have an IndexWriter open .. and then an
IndexReader... when I call the delete of a document, I of course get
an io exception caused by the lucene lock.

Is there any way around this? I've tried to simply close the writer,
delete, and then reopen, but that seems to not have much of an affect.

anyone have any luck with deleting and writing at the same time?