lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sorting by score and an additional field
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:41:12 GMT
Erik:

doc.add(Field.Keyword("rank_field", rank_value));

is what I use to build my customized rank field.

Considering the rank_value is an integer, should it be zero padded?
Currently I have it padded because the rest of lucene needs it that
way, should it be the same here?

If I specify INT or STRING, the sort of rank works just fine... but
its when I combine the two that I have issues. I'm using 1.4.2... but
I'll see how my code differs from yours and give it a try.. can you
tell me how you indexed your secondary rank field? as a keyword or
what have you?

Thanks,
Chris Fraschetti