lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject updating documents in the index
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:36:19 GMT
So I've read that the only way to change a field in an already indexed
document is to simple remove it and readd it... but that can be costly
if I need to go back to where the data origionally came from and
reparse and reindex it all.

Is there a way to keep the document around after the delete call to
the indexreader so that I can modify a field and add it again with a
writer?

I would simple rip out all the fields and then create a new document,
but the 'content' field isn't stored due to the fact that my index
would be much larger if i kept the content around.

Anyone have any good solutions to do this short of keeping around the
content in the index or going back to the origional document source?

Does 'luke' rebuild a document so that it can be updated? If so, how
do they go about it.

Thanks is advance everyone!

-Chris Fraschetti