lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Allen Atamer" <aata...@casebank.com>
Subject literal search in quotes on non-tokenized field
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:42:44 GMT
Here is a problem I am experiencing with Lucene searches on non-tokenized
fields:

A search in quotes on a field named Build with the query "\"orig\"" does not
work but the query "origi" yields 62 hits

I have run indexing on the field with the following method

                    doc.add(Field.Keyword(data.getColumnName(j),
                            fieldValue.toString().toLowerCase()));

so even though the original data has "ORIGI" in the "Build" field, lowercase
is not the problem

Here's a log of the parsed query before going to the searcher:

Parsed query: (Build:"origi") for the first search
Parsed query: (Build:origi) for the second search

Right now we're not using a query parser / analyzer system to build the
query. We're building the query up.
The query mentioned above is a TermQuery object

Thanks