lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From iouli.golova...@group.novartis.com
Subject Re: Index in RAM - is it realy worthy?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:27:35 GMT
Thanks everybody for responds.

What else can essentially improve queries performance?
(I do not speak now about such things as keeping index optimized etc. -
it's clear)

As I experiensed on my 2 cpu box,  during the query execution both
processors were realy busy. The question is would it accelerate speed if I
get 4 cpu box, 10 cpu...
I mean real performance boost (at least factor 10), not just %-ge.

Whould it help if I play with different query formulation, i.e.  "a and (b
or c)" instead of  "(b or c) and a"

Regards,
j.

"Kevin A. Burton" <burton@newsmonster.org>