lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject FW: Searchable Solutions Please
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 04:15:19 GMT
Hi

Guy's

Apologies.........

        I am little Confused with the Search Factor.

        If the Search Word  'kid'  is suppose to return me   kid ,  kid's ,
kidoos, children

       1) Do I need to use Combination of more then one Analysers ??? , If
so How.
       2) Any Alternate modification to be done for the simple Searcher
methods. ??

Thx in advance.

-----Original Message-----
From: gwithers@connected.com [mailto:gwithers@connected.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:55 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Searchable Solutions Please

A quick pointer..

What you want to look at is using a stemming implementation.  Look, for
example, at the FAQ and docs related to the PorterStemFilter and writing
A customer analyzer
(http://lucene.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/faq/faqmanager.cgi?file=chapter.index
ing&toc=faq#q17).

There is a lot of information regarding this but you'll need the same
analyzer for index and query and this would be more or less English only.

-George