lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: jaspq: dashed numerical values tokenized differently
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:30:28 GMT

On Nov 3, 2004, at 8:51 AM, Daniel Taurat wrote:
> Now my only question is, why the tokenizing works differently for
> strings with numerical components, or if there is a way to make the
> standardAnalyzer treat those dashed mixed-characters strings similar to
> plain letter-strings.

Give me an example of a string and how you'd like it to be tokenized.
But first, give the AnalyzerUtils (from my java.net article) a try and
get a feel for what different analyzers do.

Keep in mind that it can be tricky (see the AnalysisParalysis page on
the wiki and my java.net article on QueryParser) to make sense out of a
combination of QueryParser and an Analyzer - so its best to work with
them independently to get what you want and then put things together.

	Erik