lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject RE: Is there an easy way to have indexing ignore a CVS subdirectory in the index directory?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:36:45 GMT
Otis, thanks for looking at this.  The stack trace of the exception is
below.  I looked at the code.  It wants to delete every file in the
index directory, but fails to delete the CVS subdirectory entry
(presumably because it is marked read-only; the specific exception is
swallowed).  Even if it could delete the CVS subdirectory, this would
just cause another problem with Netbeans/CVS, since it wouldn't know how
to fix up the pointers in the parent CVS subdirectory.  Is there a
change I could make that would cause it to safely leave this alone?

This problem only arises on a full index (incremental == false <=>
create == true).  Incremental indexes work fine in my app.

Chuck

java.io.IOException: Cannot delete CVS
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.create(FSDirectory.java:144)
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.<init>(FSDirectory.java:128)
    at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:102)
    at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:83)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:173)
    at [my app]...

Netbeans
  > > cache file within the CVS subdirectory of the parent directory.
This